Strive Digital is a texting tool used by progressive campaigns and organizations around the world. Founded in 2017, Strive is leading innovation on critical software products for the political-tech space. Our SMS platform helps movements grow and activate their base of supporters.
We are a small team with a big mission: make texting more powerful and accessible to causes and their communities. At Strive, you’ll get to work with organizations like the Sunrise Movement, People’s Action, Warren Democrats, City of Hope, NARAL Prochoice America, and Greenpeace Australia.
We’re committed to building a team that reflects the diversity of the organizations we serve and the future we’re collectively fighting for.
About the role
Strive Digital is seeking a full-time Full-Stack Engineer to join our engineering team. Strive is a growing tech start-up, so you’ll have the opportunity to shape our platform in a variety of ways. From maintaining our backend infrastructure to developing features used by advocacy groups and democratic campaigns, your work will be empowering causes that put people first.
As a Full-Stack Engineer, you’ll be collaborating with technical, product, and partnerships teams to build features and improve our backend infrastructure. Our engineering team is agile. Whether you’re building a new integration or debugging an existing one, you’ll be comfortable accounting for technical debt while innovating our product offering.
If you are interested in tackling projects across a full-stack while coding for good – we’d love to hear from you!
- Design and implement backend and frontend code
- Collaborate with Product and Partnerships teams on project deliverables
- Monitor and instrument our database and applications
- Document technical processes, procedures, and environments to ensure continuity and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug, and update systems while scaling our platform infrastructure in an automated way
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and 2-3 years of experience at a SaaS company OR 4-5 years experience at a SaaS company
- Proven track record of building applications and scalable systems in NodeJS
- Experience with PostgreSQL (or other relational databases like MySQL or OracleL)
- Front end proficiency in React, NextJS, and Styled Components (or similar framework like Vue.js)
- Strong communication skills - you work constructively and respectfully with people from technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Passion for progressive politics
Compensation and Benefits
Some of our key benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- 100k-120k per year salary, based on experience level and qualifications
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits with 100% of premiums covered by Strive
- Generous 401(k) matching
- Unlimited PTO, with a minimum of 15 days per year
To apply, please submit your resume/CV and a statement of interest.
Strive Digital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.