Strive Digital is a texting tool used by progressive campaigns and organizations around the world. Founded in 2017, Strive is leading innovation on critical software products for the political-tech space. Our SMS platform helps movements grow and activate their base of supporters.
We are a small team with a big mission: make texting more powerful and accessible to causes and their communities. At Strive, you’ll get to work with organizations like the Sunrise Movement, People’s Action, Warren Democrats, City of Hope, NARAL Prochoice America, and Greenpeace Australia.
We’re committed to building a team that reflects the diversity of the organizations we serve and the future we’re collectively fighting for.
About the role
Strive Digital is seeking a full-time Technical Engineering Lead to join our engineering team. As the Technical Engineering Lead, you’ll get to work on a variety of projects. From managing our growing technical team to developing features used by advocacy groups and democratic candidates – each day will be uniquely rewarding.
The Technical Engineering Lead will be a key stakeholder in shaping our approach to industry challenges and defining how our product can solve those challenges. This includes developing a technical roadmap that utilizes agile software engineering practices for higher code quality. You will lead architecture, implementation, and maintenance of our backend infrastructure, while establishing development operations and processes for the technical team.
As the Technical Engineering Lead, you’ll be a mentor to our engineering team and lead code reviews and occasional pair programming. You’ll also work directly with our Product Director to align our product roadmap with strengths and opportunities in our technical stack.
If you are interested in leading projects across a full-stack while coding for good – we’d love to hear from you!
- Lead our full-stack development team of 2-3 engineers, and growing
- Troubleshoot, debug, and update systems alongside the engineering team
- Identify and remove technical roadblocks while accounting for long term solutions
- Design and implement backend and frontend code while scaling our platform infrastructure in an automated way
- Collaborate with Product and Partnerships teams on project deliverables
- Outline technical objectives and develop a technical roadmap for 2022 and beyond
- Define automated compliance policies and configuration management techniques
- Monitor and instrument our database and applications
- Oversee data security and implement appropriate controls
- Document and manage processes, procedures, and environments to ensure continuity and efficiency
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and 4-5 years of experience at a SaaS company OR 6-7 years experience at a SaaS company
- 1-2 years experience managing technical teams
- Proven track record of building applications and scalable systems in NodeJS
- Experience with object-oriented languages like Python a plus (but not required)
- Experience with PostgreSQL and GraphQL
- Front end proficiency in React, NextJS, and Styled Components
- 2+ years experience with DevOps processes and best practices
- Strong communication and management skills - you work constructively and respectfully with people from technical and non-technical backgrounds, including an understanding of how to share technical progress and manage expectations with both management and clients
- Passion for progressive politics
Compensation and Benefits
Some of our key benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- 130-150k per year salary, based on experience level and qualifications
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits with 100% of premiums covered by Strive
- Generous 401(k) matching
- Unlimited PTO, with a minimum of 15 days per year
To apply, please submit your resume/CV and a statement of interest.
Strive Digital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.